Sunday, September 28, 2008

Terrible Two's...


My baby girl turned 2 yesterday. She woke up in a good mood, which is always nice. She "helped" me decorate her cake by eating the m&m's, and then we ate cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Healthy, I know, but hey, it was her birthday! Then she let Amber do her hair, including curling it, and then she got to go to the swap meet with Amber and me while Mike and Jason stayed behind to watch football. When we came back, we started the festivities. She didn't want to blow out the candles, but she loved opening her presents. Jason had to dash off to work, and Mike and Amber left for the UH football game, so the cake is still sitting, in tact, on the counter. Oh well. Last year on her birthday we were in the middle of moving, so I'd say it just keeps getting better! I still can't believe how fast time has flown by. She is growing up way too fast!

Her favorite present was this ball Jason got for her. He gave it to her when she first woke up, and she has wanted to play "catch" ever since.

Ashlyn talking to Grandpa. She can be so cheesy sometimes! I love it!

The finished product. Ashlyn thinks this is a "Happy Birthday to Ashlyn". Silly girl.

12 comments:

the man said...

ahem.... OUR baby girl... sheesh.

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday Ashlyn!!! Yes, time does fly a little too fast when children are involved.

Brooke and Tami said...

I love Ashlyn's cute hairdo! Happy Birthday! We LOVE Ashlyn!

Rachel Gilsen said...

Doesn't it make you feel old?! I think, "I can't have an almost 3 year old and an almost 1 year old! I have two kids?!" Ashlyn is SO cute! I love her hairdo. Hope she has/had a fun time.

KDH said...

Ashlyn looks so cute with her little "Amber" style hairdo. I hope she had a great birthday. She is looking so grown up. We miss you guys. It was fun to hear about all the adventures you had with Mike and Amber. Looking forward to some pictures.

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday! She's a beauty.
And Heather, you look fantastic.

M and M said...

I still miss Ashlyn all the time! Great job on the cake...turned out very nice!

nana and atom said...

that cake looks awesome! happy birthday ashlyn!

Amber Horspool said...

You picked up on photoshop like a pro! I love it!!! We miss you guys.

Laura said...

I'm not really sure what ward we will be in, but Cody was talking to a guy the other day while working who is mormon and he said he thinks we will be in the 5th ward....I don't know, I honestly don't know if I could find the way to our house without following Cody, so I'm not the best one to ask!

Jen said...

She's ridiculously adorable. Thanks for making another one real soon.

Jenna said...

Happy Birthday Ashlyn. I can't believe she is 2 already!! Well, now you have more birthdays to celebrate with more kids!! HOpe Heather is still feeling well. Almost there!!