Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Winnipeg!

Well, my mom's funeral has come and gone, it's still hard to believe she's really gone.
We all lost some pretty good water weight thanks to the free flowing tears, and expectorated snot, but I'm pretty sure all that weight and more was replaced by the palette blowing invention known as ketchup potato chips!
Bags upon bags were consumed, and it was glorious.
It was so good to see my brothers and sisters, my dad, and extended family. We experienced every emotion together (which is incredible for a family who usually only knows how to laugh and poke fun of things, usually the bum...) and I feel all the closer to them for lifting each other up. I don't have any pictures to post since Heather wanted to keep the camera at home for Jax, but Nancy did email me two, so here they are.
(Above) This is me with my three jackets on. I'm also wearing the touque and scarf Mom H bought for me for a dollar at Old Navy. Not the most "Jason" kind of accessories, but it kept me much warmer.
(It was 85 degrees in Hawaii when I departed, 18 degrees in Winnipeg when I landed)

(Above) Here's little, but big, James Tang, Clarence's youngest of four. He's rockin' a tuxedo Ethan and Isaac wore for our wedding thanks to Mom H again. He looks like he's in the hallway of the David Letterman show ready to strut his stuff as the child prodigy pianist.
I do have video of the trip, I'll be posting some later, but I need to catch up on life before I get working on the blog again. It was sad to say goodbye to everyone, but can't wait till we're all together again... preferably at a reunion this time around :)

10 comments:

Brad and Rebecca said...

glad you're home safe and that you guys could have somewhat of a reunion. Still thinking of you guys...

Amber Horspool said...

i bet you're happy to be warm again! glad you got back safely and that you were able to spend some quality time with the fam. we're still praying for you. (even the kids remember you and your family in thier prayers every night.)

nana and atom said...

great pics! sorry i only sent two... but your cd will be coming soon!! loved seeing you!

Jenna said...

What a weather change. Glad you wore so many coats. Hope you guys are doing well and adjusting to having two kids!! So crazy I feel like it was just yesterday we were all at BYU. There is a girl here in my husbands home ward that was in our ward at Liberty Square so we talk about the good ole days. Oh good times. Hope all is well.

Annette Bailey said...

Your nephew is so cute!

Michelle said...

awesome pictures!

Rachel DeFreese said...

I think that exact tux had a little bowel explosion at your reception. Don't worry, my dress caught what the diaper and tux couldn't.

Glad to see you smile, and your beautiful family!

Toni S. Cook said...

Jason,

It's been awhile since I've blog stalked and just happened on to yours today. I'm so sorry for your loss, it sounds like you have an amazing family able to see the light and joy in a time like this. The transition from such an experience to having a new son is unimaginable! I'm sure your mom gave him the heads up on what a great dad he was going to have. Congratulations on kid #2 to you and your champ of a wife Heather! Give Nancy my love as well, I haven't seen her for ages but hope that she is doing okay.

Toni

Phannie said...

I love ketchup chips too!!!

#15 said...

wow, love the way that scarf looks on ya bro. aww yeah!