Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Another birthday, another forgetful sibling...

We won't mention which sibling forgot to call me on my 29th...
But here's a hint:
It begins with a "C" and ends with a "larence".

Since I had to work on my birthday we saved our "festivities" for Saturday and hit up Coldstone Creamery. If you haven't signed up for the birthday club or whatever it is, you should. You get a free "Like It" size ice cream with one mix in. We used the coupon to get Ashlyn her own ice cream and she picked the "pink ice cream" with M&M's mixed in.
Heather and I had a buy one get one free coupon for a "Love it" creation and we even splurged a little and got the waffle bowls. Yummy. Heather chowing the Cookie Mintster.
And here's Ashlyn and I enjoying an afternoon together as a family. I got the Strawberry Blonde for the record.

But of course our family isn't complete with out our little monkey boy. Jax got treated to a nice cup of luke warm water. Lucky boy. Maybe his luck will be better next year.

6 comments:

andrew said...

...hmmmmmm the title of this post actually seems a little hypocritical to me for some reason.... ;)

Poor Jax and his lukewarm water dessert...next year big guy!

the man said...

actually, under the C&J rules, I technically made the deadline since it was still your birthday in my time zone. he forgot in both of our time zones. :)

nana and atom said...

cute! i love ice cream and am definitely a member of the coldstone club :)

heather said...

I think we should get paid for all that advertising. Or coldstone should at least buy that first picture of Ashlyn with the perfectly positioned cup for a magazine ad!

Michelle said...

I love the Coldstone Club! Did you know that you can upgrade your coupon and pay the difference if you want the bigger size? At least we've done it a couple times at our location here. Mmmm, ice cream! I think I want some ice cream right now, we have some in the freezer I think.

You know, Jax reminds me of Ethan in that picture!

Jared & Kalei said...

Is Ashlyn drinking her ice cream? So we're just about settled in. We pick up our dining table tomorrow. When you guys free for dinner?