Sunday, March 02, 2008

You Lucky Dawg....

...or Bear. Pretty much since the time she was born, Ashlyn has slept with this teddy bear.


In the last 6 months, it has had a hard time staying with her. Ashlyn and I go for a walk almost everyday, usually to exotic places like Wal-Mart, Ross, or the Ala Moana Shopping Center. Shortly after we relocated to Hawaii, we were on one of our excursions, and when we got home, it was time to put Ashlyn down for a nap. This stinkin' bear was no where to be found. We immediately retraced our steps and found it on a grassy knoll right outside of Wal-Mart.

When we went to Utah for Taylor's wedding, we had an especially hard time keeping track of it. She left it at the Ballings when we picked her up after the luncheon, but luckily my brother Brooke went in and found it. The very next day I could have sworn she left it at church, but to my surprise it was just hiding under a nightstand.

Well, this last time it got lost I was sure it was gone for good. We went to Ross in the early afternoon, but it was after she had taken a nap. When I went to put her to bed, the dumb bear was nowhere to be found. I called Ross and they said no one had turned it in, and it was too late to go look for it myself, so I just cut my losses. Well, let me tell you, it was an awful night. Ashlyn didn't want any of her other stuffed animals - she kept pushing them away and crying. When it was time to put her down the next afternoon for a nap, it was the same scenario. I called Ross again, no luck. So I finally decided to just go look, even though it had been more that 24 hours, and I wasn't even sure it was in Ross. When we got there, I tried to go up and down the same aisles as the day before. We had gone almost everywhere, when I saw it sitting amongst the shoes! I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a miracle! Needless to say, Ashlyn was VERY happy to have her little buddy back. She couldn't stop hugging and kissing it. I had to sneak it away to wash it before bedtime. Needless to say, the bear is no longer invited on our afternoon walks.

12 comments:

Ruth said...

That is so cute. My daughter and son are the same way about their blankies, and if anyone else dare touch them, watch out.

nana and atom said...

that's hilarious. i'm glad you washed it because it got dropped in a spot of mud while she was here...

Kevin said...

We're happy for you and Ashlyn. I have quite the attachment to stuffed animals myself.

Annette Bailey said...

That's so cute! Lilly has the same attachment to a fluffly little baby doll and her silky blanket. Trying to keep track of them is sometimes annoying but I love how attached she is!

Annette Bailey said...

And I love that toothless grin!

Miss Fergie said...

I love her toothless gums!

KDH said...

It was so sad when Heather lost her "my little pony" with the rainbow hair. It's a good thing she had so many "barbies" to play with.

Bryan H said...

What a little stinker doodle! I can't believe how nutso she went over the bear. Good thing nobody was looking to closely at the shoes at ross! I'm sure that awesome bear would've been nabbed in no time otherwise...

Laura said...

Max loves that bear too-I love to look at him while he is sleeping all snuggled up to it. I wonder if St Mary's realizes how addicting their bears are to little kids.

vanwoerkomhe said...

Hey Heather & Jason,
I finally had a chance to catch up on my friend's blogs and was excited to hear you are in beautiful Hawaii. Wow! What a place to live. Enjoy the warmth for me OK?! Good luck with the job Jason! Ashlyn is absolutely darling too...what a beauty! You guys do good work. Copy Center news: Brie had a baby boy, McKay, don't know if you knew that. Haven't seen her in forever though. Marissa comes home from her mission this month, crazy huh! Stacie is pregnant but not sure when she's due. She got married last summer which I think you knew. She's living in Sp. Fork. I'm still working on you know who...such a saga, but I still think it'll happen one day. I'll keep you posted. Take care! Aloha!
Heidi

Wendy said...

Awwww! I wish Molly was attached to a teddy bear. She still takes a full size slip, "blankie" everywhere we go. We've been through a few... Ashlyn is adorable.

Jenna said...

I can't believe how big she is getting!! She is just adorable. I hope that you guys are doing well and enjoying Hawaii!!