Thursday, November 01, 2007

Heather Makes a Post!

That's right. Since Jason has been super busy, I decided to try my hand at this whole blogging thing. Wish me luck!


I figure I should start with Ashlyn's birthday, even though it was over a month ago. We were in the middle of our move on the actual day, September 27, so Brittany Linton was nice enough to give our sweetie-pie a little party.


Ashlyn thoroughly enjoyed her cake. She especially liked getting it everywhere except her mouth. Unfortunately we had already packed her high chair, so I was the one lucky enough to get to hold her on my lap for the festivities. Yuck!



The best part was when she opened her present. She didn't quite know what to do, but once she figured it out she loved it! Thanks Brittany!


After we left Grand Junction, we drove as far as St. George where we met up with some old friends. Ben is Jason's old roomie from Liberty Square, and Jena is his wife. They were nice enough to let is stay with them and even take us to Texas Roadhouse!


Ashlyn loved my mashed potatoes and gravy. Don't worry, she helped herself to as much as she liked. What a mess!





Once we were safely in Yucaipa, we had another birthday party for Ashlyn with more family and friends. Ashlyn had a great time playing with all the kids, and opening more presents. What a lucky girl!

My mom planned the party to be Hawaiian themed, so I thought only a Hula Girl cake would do, and I made this myself!


Ashlyn sharing her cake with her daddy

Brinley just chillin by the fire pit

Kira wearing Staci's clothes...as usual


Ashlyn with "Grandma Penny"


Cousins waiting to give Ashlyn her presents: Victoria, Caitlyn, Brinley, Sarah, and Kate.


Ashlyn is all set for the beach with her sweet sunglasses

All in all it was a fun birthday. Too bad she probably won't remember any of it. I guess that's why we take pictures! Speaking of pictures, we have a new link on the side bar to get to new photo albums since imagestation is going down soon! :(

Phew! I have officially completed my first post ever. I may even do it again sometime. No promises though...

6 comments:

the man said...

Sexy post sweetie... keep it going!

Wendy said...

Thanks for the post, Heather! Ashlyn is adorable. We'd love to come visit you...

Brooke and Tami said...

Great job Heather! In fact, your posting skills are better than mine. We send you our love from the main land.

andrew said...

Nice post Heather! Wow, I can't believe how quickly Ashlyn is developing...but I guess girls do (generally) develop faster than boys, and I only have my big chubba chubb boy to compare to.

Amber Horspool said...

Good job Heather! I knew you could do it! Now keep em comin!

nana and atom said...

great work He-may! and what a fantastic looking hula cake! you got skills girl.