Thursday, May 22, 2008

Maui Chinese Food?


One day a mysterious package showed up at our door addressed to a "Mr. Jason Q Tang of Maui Chinese Food" Now this raised my perfectly manicured eyebrows for a variety of reasons. Obviously my middle name doesn't begin with a Q, and what is Maui Chinese food? My middle name is Marshall, and we live on Oahu.
So I open up the package and inside are two brand new knives; a four inch paring knife and larger 7 inch Santoku knife. So who would send me a pair of knives seemingly out of the blue? Well, look no farther than one Desi Taylor of Mesa, Arizona.
You see, while Desi was here visiting us a couple weeks ago, and as Heather blogged, I made the dinner on mother's day. What you didn't hear was that my sous chef wasn't the usual He-May, instead it was Ms. Desi, and her job was simple -- cut up all the vegetables exactly the size and shape I wanted them.

Hopefully you're beginning to put two and two together by now, because Desi might as well have been cutting with a butter knife or a spatula (our knives aren't the sharpest tacks on the wall if you know what I'm sayin').
So to the Taylor family we say Mahalo for the knives, and next time you come hopefully Brittney won't get sick, and our knives will be as sharp as they are today!

7 comments:

Brooke and Tami said...

Don't cut your fingers off with those knives!

Jenna said...

wow....I just really don't even know what to say!! I hope your knives work out for you.

Mike said...

I dont know what concerns me more, Jason cooking for my Mom or Jason wielding knives around my precious niece!

Kevin said...

I'd trust Jason with an ax. Well, maybe just a cleaver.

nana and atom said...

hahaha. i love it! i'm glad you finally have some replacements for your dull knives!

Amber Horspool said...

Desi's so fun!

Michelle said...

...and are they indeed still perfectly manicured?

I think if you can tweeze with ease, you can cleavewith ease now too (with the knives, not your wife...but you obviously can do that too)