Sunday, May 25, 2008

Snowbirds in Hawaii

Anybody recognize this family?

Yup, it's the Don and Sue Sommerfeldt clan from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada! Well, at least what's left of the single folk. They came to Hawaii for a vacation, and we randomly saw them at church! Ok, that's not quite accurate, their son Mark is one of my best friends and former roommates at BYU, and in an out of the blue conversation we were having, he told me his family was here on Oahu staying at Jack Payne's condo. Well, I searched for them at church and found them! And a good thing too, because they took us out to dinner!! Bubba Gump's is the place we dined and it was delicious! We also met up with them on their last day in paradise and hiked up Diamond head and got some Malasadas at Leonards. It was great to see them, and hopefully we'll have more encounters with distant friends in the near future!

4 comments:

nana and atom said...

how fun! i love unplanned visits!

Michelle said...

Jack Payne has a condo in Oahu?

oh yes...and HOW COOL that you hooked up with the Sommerfledts in Paradise! First they see mom and dad on the East coast, then the see you WAY out on the west coast!

Amber Horspool said...

that's awesome!

Miss Fergie said...

I commented so late! Britt and my Mom had so much fun with you! Britt loves Ashlyn! I'm so glad you took so many pictures so I could see their trip.