Friday, May 30, 2008

Sleep Walking

So Ashlyn has been falling asleep in random places lately. I'm pretty sure it is because of her refusal to nap most days. The other day, she fell asleep on the couch, and then woke up before she was ready, and then came over to the computer where I was sitting. She was being really grumpy and didn't want me to hold her or anything so I just ignored her. Not long after, she was being really quiet so I turned around to see what she was up to and this is how I found her...

A couple of days later, another napless day, Ashlyn and I were eating dinner. She was chompin' away until she suddenly nodded off and just fell asleep right in her high chair, with the fork and bowl still on her hands!


It was Spaghetti, and she was a mess, so I was going to bathe her whether she woke up for it or not. I filled up the tub, and then came back to get her ready. As soon as I took off her shirt, she woke up just enough to take a bite of her toast, and then back to dreamland.


14 comments:

Brad and Rebecca said...

okay that video was one of the cutest things I have ever seen...

the man said...

except the fact she's topless! Come on Heather!

Brooke and Tami said...

Ha Ha! That's pretty funny! You'd think she'd be chubbier since she eats in her sleep and all. Just last night we were trying to get Ryan to stay in his bed. Around 1 in the morning I woke up for my 1st bathroom trip, when I noticed a light on outside my room. I walked out to find Ryan sleeping on the stairs. I guess it's a Horspool thing to fall asleep in weird places. Didn't Bryan used to sleep in front of the fireplace? Crazy people!

Jenna said...

That is too funny!! I loved the video..didn't think that was possible but good ole Ashlyn proves us wrong.

nana and atom said...

hahaha. i have a partipant at my work who does the same thing. he falls asleep while eating, playing games, or in mid sentance sometimes. ashlyn is hilarious!

Bryan H said...

I also used to fall asleep by the dishwasher...Ashlyn is one super funny kiddo. I can't stop laughing just thinking about that video!!!!

Amber Horspool said...

that's hilarious! i love how she's got food all stuck in her hair and you can tell she's already enjoyed her meal very much. she's such a cutie!

Laura said...

Ashlyn is so cute-and isn't it crazy how kids develop their independence so early and so stubbornly! Also my brother was serving in the Osorno mission it is the most southern mission in Chile-he was basically down with the penguins. Also staying in CA wouldn't be the end of the world, it has just been SO HOT there so early that I think I may melt!

Rachel Gilsen said...

Oh cute! Codee has done that before, but the fact that she was still trying to eat was the funniest part! She is SO cute! I wish you lived here so our kids could play!

nana and atom said...

looks like you let her use a pitchfork to eat with! how BIG is that fork?!

Will said...

I agree. What a big fork for such a little girl. I usually join our boy for topless Spaghetti nights . . .

Michelle said...

Hmmm, reminds me of Nancy!

heather said...

just to clarify, it is just a normal sized salad fork!

Wongs D & MV said...

Hey, our kids used to do that too. Actually, Jo used to fall asleep at the table too. She'd fall asleep with a mouthful of rice then wake up and it would be all sweet in her mouth. Ha ha ha!