Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Raising Them Right...

For any of you who know me, you'll know that I don't really like to eat breakfast food. Not a big fan of cereal, pancakes or french toast, though I eat them on an occasional basis. I'd much rather eat leftover dinner from the night before. It's never too early to start eating good food you know!
Well, this morning I knew I must be doing something right with Ashlyn. How? At 7:45am, Ashlyn told us she's hungry, so we asked her what she wanted to eat. Promptly she responded, "Tofu?", "Rice?" I love my baby.
__________

Note: Unfortunately we didn't have tofu, but she got her rice and she ate some orange chicken. She was a happy baby. (I guess she's not really a baby anymore, but she's still our baby!)

9 comments:

Jenna said...

Haha I guess your Asian influence is coming into play....how does someone of her age even know what tofu is?!?!?!

Brooke and Tami said...

It's ok, she is still a baby. Enjoy it while you can, cause she's almost 2. Mooah hahahaha! I love dinner for breakfast too. You go Ashlyn!

nana and atom said...

yes! i love it! learning to love to eat anything for breakfast. she is a true tang.

KDH said...

I'm a true Tang, too. At least I love to eat Jason's leftovers for breakfast or anytime. Especially pot stickers!

Wendy said...

she's so stinkin' cute!

andrew said...

Hahaha, Andersen used to always ask for rice and fish or chicken. Although he's now actually diversifying a little and will sometimes ask for milk and cereal.

Aub said...

Even though I completely oppose the idea of dinner for breakfast i would still give Ashlyn her tofu just cause she is so cute!

Michelle said...

now THAT is a certain "Tang" response for breakfast fixin's!

Kevin said...

I agree on the whole "dinner for breakfast" thing. Why have eggs and toast when you can have a bowl of soup noodles or curry squid?