Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Hawaiian Adventures of Dad & Nancy - Day 11

Thursday, March 12

Whoops, slacked a little bit with my daily posting... Let us continue. On their 2nd to last day in the Islands, the sun finally came out... on the leeward side anyways, it was still wet and rainy on the windward side though. So knowing the weather, we hopped in the car and drove to Ko Olina resort to do the beach thing on one of their four man made lagoons. It was nice to have warmth... plus it helped Dad and Nance get the best souvenir ever -- a sunburn!

It was a cloudy, sunny, cloudy, sunny for a good part of the morning so we started out by just laying in the sand. Ash and Nana decided to cover me in it, and then Ashlyn figured why not celebrate while she's got me down.

Our little water baby kept bugging everyone to get in the water with her, but I have rule. I don't get in unless the sun is out in all it's glory. I know, I'm kind of a sissy boy. So to appease the princess, I took her for a ride on the boogie board. However, when I turned around to check her, her face was full of water and sand... whoops, must've been kickin' it up at her while running at an incredible rate of speed!!Well, in the end Ashlyn finally got her wish and I went into the water with her... I think my face tells you if it's cold or not.Dad decided to get in on the action too, and came with us on round number two. It's pretty easy to tell who's the tourist and who's the guy who lives here. They don't call me the chocolate one for nothing. Nice board shorts for Dad though huh? Soon after Ashlyn, it was time for the ladies to hit the water. The lagoons aren't the greatest place to snorkel, not a whole ton of fish, but there are some. Like this one here! A Nancy fish!
Even Dad tried snorkeling, Ko Olina is definitely a good place for beginners since you can touch the bottom, and the lagoon is quite protected... which is probably why there aren't a lot of fish, it's not easy to get in or out!Being sunny also had it's cons. We now had to build a little shelter for Jax so he wouldn't get burnt. You can't tell, but he's pretty much lying underneath a beach lounger with body boards surrounding him to give him shade. Ashlyn is a good big sister.But a water baby can only stay on dry land so long, soon she dragged her Ye-Ye off into the water again. Dad was more than willing to oblige his grand daughter. And this is what I ended up doing. It's not fake either, Nancy thought it might be when she took the picture, but then she saw the drool... haha.
You might think I'm trying to show you our lovely dinner here, but nay, check out the color on the faces of Dad and Nana. Mission accomplished!
But speaking of dinner we had a pretty good one. (A la Kevin.. here is a picture of the food) Instead of going out to eat with the kids, we figured we'd buy a lot of nice things and make food at home! And when you have Terry T. Tang at your disposal in the kitchen, that's never a bad idea! For dinner we had Basil pasta, tri-tip steak, asparagus, salmon, prawns and for dessert a chocolate haupia pie! It was delectable.


The final day is tomorrow! Stay tuned, and thanks for your patience!

2 comments:

nana and atom said...

yum! that WAS a good dinner and a good burn! hahaha.

Kevin said...

I'm glad my influence reaches across the ocean! It looks like a great meal.