Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Hawaiian Adventures of Dad & Nancy - Day 7

Sunday, March 8th
Go figure, our first sunny day is on SUNday. There would be no beach going though, but before we had 1pm church, we decided to hit up historic Pearl Harbor. It wasn't a super busy day, but we just happened to go when about 4 tour buses dropped off their load. Oh well, we got in and still made it to church which is all that matters. Here's the gang in front of the anchor from the USS Arizona. Not the greatest framed pic, but as you can see, the real photogs aren't behind the camera.
I've decided to not show as many of the "touristy" pics so Nancy has some things to post about, so instead I'll show pictures of the best looking people in the world! Haha! JK. Seriously though, I love when Ashlyn puts her arm around my neck and hugs for a picture. That's my daddy's girl.And here's my hot wife with our big boy. I know, I know, how did I get her... I've heard it a thousand times. This is a picture from the boat taxi that takes you to the Memorial. I thought it was a very nice picture done by T-Cubed. But when you're a professional photog, you better be good.
And here's the memorial as we motored away. Always a somber and reflective time there, Nancy will have more details I'm sure... right?Check out these tourists. Oh wait, that's Nance and He-May, i'm not sure what they're taking pictures of, probably palm trees or something. If that's the case, I can guarantee you this, we have hundreds of the same picture on our hard drive. After the memorial we went to the submarine graveyard to pay hommage to the greatest submarine in the fleet - The USS Tang. Sadly, it was named after the fishies instead of the Family. But nobody needs to remember that...
After Pearl Harbor we went to church, and then had a scrumptious turkey dinner with the Nitahara's... and this time, Andrew, we didn't start an oven fire!

Finally, this has nothing to do with our "vacation" but aren't these guys so cute!!


A rainy excursion to the North Shore is next on the intinerary!

6 comments:

andrew said...

Hooray for no oven fires! Safe vacations are always good. Love the siblings pic! Jaxon is hUGE! Definitely got his daddy's big smile!

KDH said...

Jason, you're the best. I'm glad Heather has you and your delightful family.

Brooke and Tami said...

Your kids get cuter every time I see them!!

Annette Bailey said...

The kids look great! I can't believe how fat Jaxon is - just like James was! I can't wait to squish him!

Laura said...

So today at church Cody was talking to a kid he served with on his mission, whose parents just happen to be in our ward...as they were talking they were talking about all the random connections they have post mission, and I just happened to ask him about Heather. Turns out he is the boy Jason stole her from...good work! It was really funny-I love how small the mormon world is (ok it helped that we were in Heather's hometown!)
On another note-all your pictures make us want to come on a trip to Hawaii...don't quite know how we will squeeze it in with work and buns in the oven but maybe someday!

Michelle said...

that Jax-kid looks a lot like James. Are you sure you didn't steal a child from those Tangs? Haha...I'm sure Heather would remember something like that...